Trevin loves green beans. I promise - he does. So I thought this would be easy. I'll cook the green beans, then blend them with a little water. I did that. It looked good and mushy and ready for Trevin's eating pleasure. Well, as the pictures show you, pleasure was NOT involved. And that second picture? He's gagging - full on gagging, I thought he was going to throw up. After a few bites and Trevin not swallowing anything, Bryce and I opted for the Gerber variety to finish off the meal. A much bigger success.
So I guess we're done with that, though maybe I shouldn't give up too soon. I tried the same thing with bananas last week and I got a similar reaction, but he actually ate them. And this boy LOVES bananas! Could it be a texture thing? Maybe I should wait until he's a little older to try my own baby food?
Or maybe I just need to be okay with buying the baby food...
5 comments:
Keep trying! I did all that for Ryan. I tried squash, that was a good one. Also, apples and pears are really easy to do. It may just be a texture thing with Trevin. How old is he now? Maybe try again in a month or so.
I laughed out loud with your description! Connor had a texture issue for awhile but he's doing much better...after he started cheerios and realized a little chewing was kind of fun :)
I love that you even tried to make your own... I always felt too overwhelmed for that task. Funny how cloth diapers are okay for me, but not making baby food.
You could keep trying or just make sure it's blended as well as can be... I don't know. I never tried. Good luck though!
For my older one it was a serious texture thing. I bought her baby food applesauce and sweet potatoes for a VERY long time! People thought I was weird, but she ate them. My next child ate about 30 jars of baby food period! She just liked adult food, but also had a mouthful of teeth super early. They're all differnt.
keep trying! I bet you'll find something you can mash up that he'll eat.
I totally had the same result with Gracie and homemade baby food. I finally decided it just wasn't worth the hassle. I LOVE GERBER!! :)
Post a Comment