Thursday, January 29, 2009

What's the deal with food?

This isn't a very exciting post, but it's on my mind...I think there is something going on with the food we eat. Does anyone else notice this? I have talked to a number of people lately who have recently discovered their own sensitivities to things like sugar, wheat, yeast, dairy, and beef. I, myself, have discovered that many fresh fruits and vegetables make my mouth, nose, eyes, and ears itch if they are not organic or washed REALLY well. What's the deal? It seems that this is a bigger problem than it used to be. Is it in the way our food is processed? You'd think that would be the problem. It makes me want to eat as organically and naturally as I can, my problem is how to afford the cost of it all. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I don't know, but oh how I miss my wheat!

Shannon D said...

I agree, we are hearing more and more about food allergies and sensitivities.

sometimes i just wonder if we are getting old and dealing with adult problems that we were oblivious to as kids