Tuesday, January 31, 2012

From the mouths of babes

Lately, Trevin has been cracking us up with the things he says. It's funny to see how his mind processes the world around him.

The other day, as the boys were gobbling up quesadillas for lunch...
Trevin: Good food makes poop.
Me (a little surprised): You're right, it does.
T: And water makes pee pee...and ice.

Today, as I was making my bed...
Trevin (coming into the room, carrying a fire truck): Mommy, I'll  help you make your bed.
Me: Great! Is the fire truck going to help, too?
T: No. Fire trucks don't make beds...
Me: Oh, right. That's silly.
T: ...they're too big and tall.

And Tyson is developing quite the vocabulary at nearly two years old (tomorrow!). I had to fill out a developmental questionnaire for his upcoming dr. appt. and one of the questions was "Does your child say two or three words together to make a phrase or sentence? (not words like 'thank you' or 'bye-bye')" Then it asks you to include an example.

Well, he definitely does say two or three words. He even says five or six. As I answered the question and was trying to think of one of his sentences, he looked at me and said "I drop Lightning McQueen bib down there." Well, there you have it.

Tyson's other favorite phrases right now are "No mommy! No!" (not my favorite) or "Mommy, hold you" with arms held out for me to hold him (a request that I frequently oblige). He also likes to wake Trevin up in the morning by running into his bedroom yelling "Wake up brubber (brother)! Wake up!" And as we celebrated his birthday with family on Saturday, as he opened each gift he would say "Whaaat is it? Whaaat is it?" in this high-pitched, quiet voice.

My favorite, though, is when Tyson cracks himself up, which happens quite often these days. He'll pick a random word or phrase and say it, then bust a gut laughing. It will usually be two random words put together. The latest was when we were in the car, driving to the airport from my parents' house. There's a cartoon he's seen just a couple of times on Disney called "Chuggington." One of the trains on the show is "Rooster." Apparantly, those are both hilarious words to say together. In the backseat, over and over again, Tyson would yell "Wooster! Tuggington!" and then let out an infectious belly laugh. It's happened a few times with random words and it is just too funny to forget.

I so love my silly boys.

1 comment:

Ang said...

So sweet! We need to visit those little guys again so we can chat. :)