Friday, October 22, 2010

The finger...pen, that is

The other day, Trevin was in the office, sitting at Bryce's desk (which he is NOT supposed to do). In front of him was his Trucks book and in his hand was the pen. The finger pen.

To give you a little background, this pen is, well, quite the pen. My mom put it in Bryce's Christmas stocking a few years ago as a gag gift. It's a "pull my finger" sort of finger pen. Yes, we're classy, I know. And let me be clear that my mom doesn't just go out and buy things like that because she thinks they're funny. The finger has "special meaning" that dates back to the day before our wedding. I won't go into details, but I'll just say that Bryce pulled a certain "pull my finger" stunt...and I still married him, and well, I guess that speaks volumes about me. ;)

Anyway, Trevin had the pen in his hand. So, after telling Trevin he should not be at daddy's desk, I said "oh, and you have the fart pen." (Yes, I just used the word "fart" with my son, and no, I really don't want him talking that way.) His reply: "Fart pen. Tha's cool." Then he proceeded to pull the finger on the pen, allowing it to make one of it's more obnoxious, ridiculous noises.

Impeccable timing, son. Impeccable. And oh.so.classy.

1 comment:

Ann Pinning said...

Did I buy that for Bryce? It must have been his mother, right? Why is what's cute when a toddler does it become obnoxious when a grown man does it?? :-)