Actually, momma needs several new pairs of shoes.
You see, those feet you see above are actually bigger now than they used to be. I didn't think it was possible. Or maybe I hoped it wasn't possible.
I've never been much of a shoe person. I know that's kind of weird, but when you've got big feet, shoes just aren't quite the same. Those CUTE shoes that are displayed in a size 7 somehow become boats when they're brought out in my size. Then they aren't so cute anymore...
I started out as a size 10 in high school and college. I was a pretty solid 10, though sometimes 10.5 was a little more comfortable, but not usually.
Then comes my first pregnancy...suddenly, a 10 does not fit anymore. It's 10.5 and even 11 sometimes. At this point, I could still wear most of my shoes, though. They must've been stretched or formed to my feet just enough. I did have to get new running shoes, though, and that was traumatic. I walked away from Fit Right NW with size 12 Brooks. Are you kidding me? Size 12 running shoes. That seemed impossible. But, I guess anything is possible.
Next comes my second pregnancy. At this point, I am thinking that there is no way my feet can get any bigger. Ha! I was so wrong. I remember, probably in my 8th month, slipping on my size 11 shoes and feeling like they were too tight. I wanted to cry! But I squeezed into those shoes, and into all my other too tight shoes for the next few months. I told myself that it was just pregnancy swelling. My feet would be back to fitting into these shoes in no time. I did, however, get new running shoes once again. And it was traumatic, once again. This time, I walked out of Fit Right NW with size 12W Asics. Are you kidding me? Size 12W. Did you know that is the equivalent of a size 10.5 men's shoe? The sales clerk suggested I try on some men's shoes, and they were actually extremely comfortable. I got to go home that day and tell my husband that I now wear the same size shoe that he does...
And that brings me to where I am today. Apparantly, squeezing into too small shoes can have negative effects on your feet (OH, I didn't know that... :)). And now I have a lovely, painful bunion on my right foot. And now I just can't squeeze into my old shoes because walking in them for very long hurts too much.
And now momma needs LOTS of new pairs of shoes.
Wish me luck finding cute shoes in an 11W!
3 comments:
Boy do I ever feel for you! I too am in the 10/10.5/11 range. It is rare to find fun, cute shoes. Then, I got arthritis. Try finding fun, cute shoes for people with arthritis. Right... I think I even stopped trying a long time ago. I feel so fortunate that my feet didn't grow after Cooper. Gosh, if I ever get pregnant again, I better start praying.
Hope you find some great shoes. Have you tried Dansko? Privo? Those are my staples. I have a few pair of shoes I wear all the time, and the rest are my wishful thinking shoes. :)
If it makes you feel any better, I've never noticed that you have big feet :)
I think you'd l-o-v-e www.zappos.com
It's free shipping & returns, plus you usually receive the shoes next day. FREEEEE! They have an awesomely cute selection in all sizes, too ;-)
P.S. I agree with Lee Ann.
Post a Comment