Monday, August 16, 2010

"Not me!" Monday: Sunriver edition

The last few weeks have been full of vacation fun, so it's time for "not me!" Monday: Sunriver edition.

Driving with a baby and a toddler is not much fun at all, so we certainly didn't subject ourselves to three different road trips to central Oregon in the last three weeks. Tyson did not fuss and whine for about half our time in the car.

We certainly did NOT have septic problems at the house we were supposed to stay at, resulting in an upgrade to a gorgeous, 7 bedroom house on the south side of Sunriver. And we definitely didn't get the upgrade for free.

We did not spend our first day on vacation at a wine festival. Bryce and I don't even drink much wine and I'm breastfeeding, so we certainly didn't go and enjoy a few sips of wine from the Naked Winery. And I definitely didn't sport a sassy tattoo that said "I got Naked" for the rest of the day. That's just not classy.

Since the weather is always so beautiful in Sunriver during the summer, we certainly didn't think it would stay that way when we went floating down the Deschutes River. It was a 90 degree afternoon, perfect for floating the river. 90 degrees did NOT turn into storm clouds, which did NOT turn in to a hail storm. And we were definitely not stuck outside during said hail storm, waiting to be picked up. Nope, not on our summer vacation!

After such an afternoon, we did not feel the need to ALL jump into the hot tub at once.

While trying to get a picture of my sis, Erin, and her boyfriend, Keith, I did not learn that they both have a "quasimodo eye" in photos. (One eye appears to be closed or smaller than the other.) After several tries, I finally got a good shot, but I'm surely not nice enough to post that one and not the ten tries before it...okay, maybe I am. Love you, Erin! ;)

Trevin was not Gramps' little buddy for the entire week in Sunriver. He did not follow him around the house, calling "Gramps! Gramps!" He also did not wake up every morning around 6:30 and walk to the door of our room whimpering "Grammy...Gramps." I did not have to force him to stay in our room until it was a decent hour to go "wake up" Grammy and Gramps.


We did not hit the beautiful south pool a couple of times while we were on our trip. Tyson did not look completely adorable in his swim wear. And Trevin would NOT have lived in the water if we let him!

While swimming in the pool, Bryce did not see a friend that he used to work and start splashing him on the back to get his attention. When his friend finally turned around, he did not kindly say "Hey buddy!" and proceed to have a very generic, friendly conversation, never mentioning Bryce's name or referencing anything about him. Bryce did not then suspect that his friend didn't recognize him. (That darn beard!) And he most certainly didn't just leave it at that and not tell his "friend" who he was.

Trevin is not missing from this photo because he was suffering from major PNS (post-nap syndrome) and would NOT sit for a picture.

We definitely did NOT make t-shirts for our families as an inside joke. They certainly weren't "-saurus" shirts with our names (think Bryce-a-saurus) and a giant dinosaur on the front. We did not proudly wear our shirts for the afternoon, nor did we strike ANY dinosaur pose in them.


These girls in teal, Sarah, Rebekah, and Rachel, aren't great long-time friends who share our same affinity for dinos. :)

We did not wear our shirts to the local ice cream shop.

Nor did we proudly stomp through the paths of Sunriver like a herd of dinosaurs.

Watching Cars is a dangerous sport, so we certainly would not allow Trevin to watch it without his helmet on (and on backwards, at that).

Tyson and Danica did not take a few days to get used to each other. Rachel and I are not planning their future marriage (along with Trevin and Gracie's).

Trevin and Gracie were not completely cute riding in the bike trailer. They did not have their own little conversation while Bryce was pulling them along the paths. And Trevin is not wearing a Youth 8+ bike helmet.

My mom and I did not go running three of the mornings we were there, and we certainly didn't run under 10-minute miles. I just haven't done that. Maybe my mom has, but I haven't.

We did not spend every.single.night of our trip laying with Trevin until he fell asleep. I did not take him at least and hour and a half to fall asleep each night and I was not completely thankful for my mom, who shared in most of the bedtime joy.

And that was our trip...lots of things that we didn't do! Sounds fun, right?

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

Vacationing can be exhausting! :) Sounds like you had a good time and a fun family. And thank goodness for Grandma's who help with bedtime!