Tuesday, August 17, 2010

T and Ty Tuesday

We're having tons of fun with these two boys.

Trevin is growing by leaps and bounds in his motor skills. He's been running everywhere and trying to jump and he's showing lots of confidence when faced with new things. All good things to see.

He is obsessed with Bob and "Weh-we" (Larry) from "Beh-ee Tay-ohs" (Veggie Tales), but still loves his trucks. Here he is enjoying the fire truck that he got from Grandpa and Grandma when we went to Eagle Crest for a couple of days last week...
Tyson is also at a really fun stage right now. We finally got him to eat oatmeal...even if we did have to add bananas to it. Darn it, I was really hoping to start him on some good, "icky" green veggies first. We did try carrots yesterday and he liked those a lot. Maybe if we slowly work our way to the more bitter veggies, it will be okay?

He had his two month appt. a couple of weeks ago. He was 28.5 inches and 18 lbs. 4 oz. Smaller than Trevin was at this age, but still in the 90s for height percentage and the 60s or 70s for weight.

He is almost crawling, which is shocking to Bryce and I. It really puts everything into perspective when we think about Trevin, who started crawling at 12 months. Tyson is a strong little guy!

And recently, Tyson has taken to using his carseat as a diaper. Not kidding. In six days of travel/vacation last week, he had major poops or blowouts in his carseat four times! I have yet to wash his carseat cover, either, since I've had to use it nearly everyday and haven't had time to wash it and let it air dry. What's a little poopstain, anyway? Right? I'm not being neglectful. I promise! The following pic was after Tyson had a blowout while we were out and about and I did not have a change of clothes...sorry, dude!
And finally, brotherly love. It never ceases to melt my heart. I love that they are starting to take an interest in each other.

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

so cute! I think this is such a fun age for siblings - and it just gets better. I remember Anna used to get so mad at me when I put Sarah in the high chair. She wanted to play with her! Fun times ahead!