Monday, October 5, 2009

"Not me!" Monday: Vacation Edition

Here are all the things that DID NOT happen leading up to, and on, our vacation in California.

I did not freak out about flying while I'm pregnant and it's the height of the swine flu season. I did not purchase an N95 mask to wear on the plane, in case anyone was sick, then not bother to wear the mask at all.

We did not have to take Trevin to the dr. on Wednesday because he had a cold and was starting to wheeze. The dr. did not inform us that the poor guy had an ear infection...potentially making the flight on Thursday even more difficult for Trevin, and his ears, to handle.

In addition to Trevin's ear infection, Bryce did not also get sick on Wednesday with nothing less than the stomach flu. I did not FREAK OUT that we were scheduled to fly out EARLY Thursday morning. Bryce did not insist on flying out anyway and did not spend the entire flight with his hood on his head, willing his body not to vomit.

I was NOT the girl that freaked out about getting sick from someone on the plane then actually ended up traveling with the sick one!

My mom did not give Bryce a flu test at her work, just to make sure he didn't have the full on flu. I was not WAY relieved when the test was negative.

I did not get to see a good friend on Friday, whom I see maybe once every couple of years, if that. On my way back from her house, I did not think about how thankful I am that when we see each other, I feel like it was just yesterday that we talked. I so do not love having friends like that.

After feeling better on Saturday, Bryce did not overdo it a little with the food, then pay for it on Sunday. We did not all go to an Indian restaurant for lunch and make Bryce suffer through rice and nan while we all ate curry.

We did not go to the beach on Sunday afternoon and watch Trevin nearly try to drown himself in the waves. He did not fall face first into the water, then laugh and quickly try to do it again and again. Not MY son.

We did not go to Disneyland while we have an almost 18 month old and I am 22 weeks pregnant. I did not have to sit out on most of the rides and Storybook Land was not closed, leaving me with even less that I could do. I did not completely enjoy myself anyway and find most of my joy in watching Trevin take everything in.

While at Disneyland, we definitely did not take Trevin into the Haunted Mansion (which was decorated as The Nightmare Before Christmas...very cool). I would never subject my small child to something scary and loud like that.

My sister did not fly home on Tuesday morning, only to call us Tuesday night (after 4 days of being with us) to say that she was sick with a stomach bug and throwing up. Nice!

While touring the USS Midway aircraft carrier later in the week, I did not get claustrophobic in one of the hallways of the crew's quarters and have to dash out to open air before I had a panic attack. I am not that lame!

The previously mentioned episode did not lead me to lose sleep the night before our flight because I was fearful of being the crazy person who has a panic attack on the airplane. I have always loved flying, so there is NO REASON I should be fearful of a plane ride.

As we took off on the first leg of our trip home, a FULL flight to Sacramento, Trevin did not POOP in his diaper. It was not incredibly stinky and we were not without a place to change our son's diaper. So, I did not let him just nap for the entire first leg of our flight, stinkin' up the place, before changing his diaper in our row, once the flight cleared out.

My mom did not call me on Saturday afternoon to see if Trevin and I were sick yet and to tell us that my dad was now sick and throwing up (after 7 days of being with us). Again...nice!

Trevin and I have not managed to stay healthy amidst the stomach flu craziness. If we were still healthy, I'd praise the Lord for that and pray that I wasn't speaking too soon!

At the end of a good trip, I don't already miss the fam and feel like the vacation went by entirely too quickly.

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Audrey, I love everyone of those! It makes me feel so much more normal to know I'm not the only one who would freak out in similar situations :)

Jessica LaTour said...

I did not love seeing you too!

Ok, I don't think I can pull off the Not Me! lingo. I truly did love seeing you too!