Thursday, June 23, 2011

T and Ty Tuesday

Oh for the love...does anyone know how to get a three-year-old to GO TO SLEEP?? I am dying here.

Trevin is going through a phase (once again - we struggled with this in the winter, too) where it takes the poor guy FOREVER to go to sleep at night. On average, he's asleep by 10:30 at night. We put him to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 every night. How miserable is that for him (and us) to be lying there, restless, for 2+ hours? He gets up to use the potty, he calls for water, he says he's scared...He just won't go to sleep. I don't know what to do.

I'm getting so frustrated. Trevin will come out of his room, for the fifth time, and say "Mommy (never daddy), I need to go potty," and I'll storm up the stairs saying something like, "Okay, just go. Trevin, this is not a game!" And T senses my frustration, sits on the potty, and much like his dad, smiles and blows me a kiss then says "Mommy, I love you so much." Then, because three-year-olds are so sweet when they blow kisses to their mom, I can't resist a smile and an "I love you, too."

I feel so bad for T, too. He doesn't sleep in, so he gets about 9-10 hours of sleep a night, then most days, he does not fall asleep at nap time.

I've got Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, I tried melatonin in January, but don't want to do that again, and I really don't know what other options there are. Any creative ideas you have tried?

And in other exciting Trevin news, he decided he likes to eat his popcorn like a dog - on all fours, licking it out of a bowl on the floor. Weird Funny boy.

***

And Tyson? Well, he's still just really cute (and he's sleeping fine). I'm growing out his hair a little to see how curly it gets. It's stinkin' cute, all golden blonde and curly. Oh, I love it (and him).

No comments: