Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I fell in love

Last Wednesday was my hardest run to date.

Angie and I ran 11 miles on a new trail...after running two days in a row...in ~80 degree weather. All around, it was new for us. And while we were happy to have averaged 9:55 over the 11 miles (our farthest distance so far), we definitely felt like we got our booties kicked.

But guess what...after that run, I think I officially "fell in love" with running. Couldn't wait to get out again. Couldn't wait to conquer 12 because I know we could do it. Couldn't wait to feel exhausted beyond exhausted because I really pushed myself. What a feeling. It's hard to describe.

Tomorrow we head out to conquer our 12. Got my fuel figured out, my gear ready. Working on my playlist.

A little nervous, but SO looking forward to it.

Can't wait!

No comments: