It's "Not me!" Monday again. Time for me to share all of the things I did NOT do this week. Join the fun by checking out MckMama's blog at My Charming Kids.
No matter what anyone might tell you, I did NOT do any of the following...
I was not desperate to get Trevin to eat his beef and carrots for dinner on Tuesday night, so I definitely did not make a beef and carrot cheese quesedilla to disguise the flavor and trick him into eating his dinner. I don't understand why he wouldn't fall for a scheme like that.
After "waking up" at 7:30 on Wednesday morning and nursing Trevin, I was completely awake. I got plenty of sleep and was well-rested, of course, so there is no way, as I cuddled with Trevin in my bed, that I would say to him, "Did you like your chocolate cake?" Then, in almost the same breath, say, "Wait, that didn't make sense." I did not then roll over and try to go back to sleep, hoping I could get away with sleeping for an extra hour. I couldn't...
On Thursday night, I did NOT eat a small piece of chocolate cake and two cupcakes. NO WAY!! I would never indulge like that. I know that refined sugar is not good for me and I am better at moderation than a display like that would show.
In light of what did not transpire on Thursday night, I did not decide to cut refined sugar from my diet, indefinitely. I would not need to do something so drastic, just to keep my sweet tooth under control. I did not start experimenting this weekend with natural sweeteners in my baking and find some recipes that I LOVE. I also did not start thinking that this lifestyle change might actually be easy. I know myself too well to think something like that.
Finally, Trevin did not make a liar out me this week by suddenly deciding to eat any- and everything I tried (and didn't try) to give him. He did not eat nearly the entire inside of my bean burrito for lunch and cry every time I tried to eat it myself. He also did not eat every last bit of the chicken, rice, and broccoli casserole I gave to him for dinner. He does not look longingly at Bryce and I, every time we start eating something. He decided to be picky, remember?
Well, I confessed and lived through it...now it's your turn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, he must be growing! I envy the fact that he's eating well for you. Emily is the pickiest eater of my bunch. She won't even look at anything green and leafy or brightly colored for that matter. She is all about the dairy (which is why she cries every time she poops). But today, she surprised me! Casey put one of his apple slices on her tray and she ate the whole thing! Just a reminder to me that I always need to offer stuff to her, even if I don't think she'll like it.
You had me laughing out loud with the chocolate cake comment to Trevin in the morning...who doesn't say crazy things when they wake up! If Trevin is anything like Connor he will pick at you until you get up. I try (unsuccessfully) every day I'm home to get just a FEW more minutes and Connor is unrelenting. Grabs my nose, puts his fingers in my mouth.... and so on.
As for your comment above, what's wrong with eating lunch in your pajamas?? Is there really something wrong with that?
little ones are so funny with their eating habits. even now there are weeks where colt eats EVERYTHING in site and then this week he is "just not that hungry"
Post a Comment