***Update: I posted this before reading MckMama's blog today. If you head over there, please be praying for her 4 month old son, Stellan. He is in the hospital.
It's that time again! Here are all of the things I did not do this week, no matter what anyone might tell you.
I did not accidentally mix peas with a jar of peach baby food, thinking it was squash, and feed it to Trevin for lunch on Thursday. He did not eat ALL of it without complaining. And I do not still feed my son stage 2 baby food sometimes, even though he is almost a year old!
I did not find a recipe for "no sugar" sugar cookies that taste exactly like Christmas cookies when you add almond extract to them. I DID NOT make these cookies, or a variation of them, three times this week. And since he never likes healthier versions of foods, Bryce definitely did not actually like these cookies and help me eat plenty of them.
After eating out on Friday night at Chipotle, I did not find myself craving something sweet. I was not tempted by every goodie we walked by in the grocery store and I was not proud of myself for staying strong and not giving in. I am not finding this "no sugar" lifestyle to be easier than I expected.
As I'm writing this, Planet Earth is on the Discovery Channel. I have a great appreciation for God's creation, so...there is no way that I find this show/film completely BORING! Everyone I talk to about the show/film loves it and finds it so impressive, so there is really no reason for me to think otherwise. Now I'm grabbing the remote, because I'm definitely not lazy enough to just sit here and endure something I find SO boring.
I did not just forget my next "not me" and I'm not sitting here and trying to remember, for the life of me, what it was! Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm...still don't know. Hopefully, it comes back to me.
Trevin's birthday is coming up. I am not the least bit of a type A personality. NOTHING needs to be "just so" in my life, so I did not agonize over what kind of cake I was going to make for his birthday, then decide on cupcakes. I also am not stressing over the "super mom" expectation that I make his first birthday absolutely perfect. And the fact that my baby will be one year old in 3 weeks does not surprise me in the least.
Okay, I left the post and now I'm back and I remember what it was that eluded me...Along the lines of TV watching...I am not anxiously awaiting the season finale of Jon and Kate Plus 8, fearing the worst. Is it over? For the show? for Jon and Kate? I am not completely disappointed that Jon and Kate are very possibly having (inevitable) marriage problems. After watching nearly all of the episodes in the series (in a very short time), I do not feel the least bit connected to that family. It is only a show...
So that's it for this week. What did you not do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment