Monday, June 15, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

"Not me!" Monday time again! Enjoy...and please share - what did you NOT do this week?

I did not come home from a baby shower at 4:00 yesterday afternoon to find my 14 month old still in his pjs! Yes, we normally go to church on Sunday mornings, and yes, this Sunday morning, Bryce did not go and stayed home with Trevin. And yes, Grandma and Grandpa came to stay with Trevin while Bryce was playing ultimate frisbee in the afternoon. So yes, Trevin was home all day, but someone would've changed him into some normal clothes. There is no way he would be left in his pjs all day, only to be put to bed in the exact same thing he woke up in.

As I was looking at a scrapbook of our first 4 years of marriage, I did not notice a picture from 2006 in which I was wearing the exact same shirt I had on at that very moment. I did not then tell Bryce that it was completely wrong of me to be wearing clothes that were three years old like they were still in style. As a stay-at-home mom I know my priorities and spending money on clothes is not really one of them. I definitely did not ask Bryce if I could please just get a few new things. Nope, not me.

Speaking of completely old clothes, I did not throw together an outfit for church yesterday that consisted of a skirt and shirt that were each at least a bazillion three years old, and top it off with a "newer" tank top and some flip-flops that were, um, 6 years old. (Okay, I know that's bad...) Since I would never put an outfit like that together, nor would I be talented enough to pull it off as something actually decent looking, I would also never receive compliments on it, twice. (Thank you, friends, for the kind words...you know who you are!)

Now that I've spoken of old clothes, let's move to financial priorities...Bryce and I are definitely not spending a small fortune tearing out our yard, only to spend another small fortune to put it back together. I mean, with me not making any money, we definitely have the extra funds to do all this...plus get me few new items of clothing, and some new flip flops, for goodness sake!

Finally, as Trevin and I were playing in the living room last night, I was not teaching him to crawl under our coffee table like it's a tunnel. I did not show him how to do it, being extra careful not to bump my head on the wood table top only to hit my brow bone on the metal railing of the table legs instead. I did not almost cry because it hurt so bad, then realize that maybe dad should be the one showing him how to crawl and climb around things in the future.

No comments: