Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Bryce and I had a nice Valentine's Day. It started Friday evening when we got to go out on a long-awaited, much-needed date. It's been a long time! Since Trevin WON'T take a bottle, it poses some feeding difficulties, so we don't go out very often for extended periods of time. Last night we were able to schedule it just right and went out to dinner, then a walk downtown. (Thanks Dave and Cindi for babysitting!) Dinner was delicious and I so enjoyed the romantic walk with my hubby. It was a great time to reconnect. While we were out, we stopped in Sur la Table where Bryce picked up this book for me...

My latest interest has been cake decorating and these cupcakes are SO cute. It was a sweet gift (no pun intended) and I'm excited to give some of the ideas a try.

On Saturday morning, I made coffee cake and we had a quiet breakfast at home with Trevin.


Later in the day, Bryce stayed home with Trevin and I got to go out and run errands by myself! It's amazing how things get done twice as fast when you're on your own!

Overall, it was a wonderful Valentine's Day. I hope you had the same!

1 comment:

Jessica LaTour said...

That book is amazing. I LOVE the corn-on-the-cob cupcakes!