Monday, May 18, 2009

"Not me!" Monday


"Not me!" time again! Tell me what you didn't do this past week, then head over to MckMama and check out what she, and everyone else, did NOT do.

As I was heading to a Read and Play at a local elementary school to meet a friend and her kids, I did not drive to the wrong elementary school. I did not half listen to the address my friend gave me the night before, because I was confident I knew which school she was talking about. I did not have to waltz into the wrong school and ask where the right school was. I did not finally find the right school, then walk into the Read and Play 15 minutes late. Not me!

On Saturday, as Bryce was getting ready for his friend's graduation party, he did not decide to wear black gym shorts and an old red, long sleeve t-shirt. When I noticed this, I certainly did not ask him (politely, of course) if he was seriously planning on wearing that to his friend's party. To this, Bryce did not reply, "Yes, I'm wearing this! We're going to be playing badminton and volleyball, and I'm gonna get sweaty." And I certainly did not reply with "You CANNOT wear those gym shorts to a graduation party. I doubt you are going to get that sweaty, and I am SURE that none of your friends will be wearing workout clothes. You need to wear nicer shorts. AND it's supposed to be 80 degrees today. You do not want to wear long sleeves." This argument did not continue any longer than it needed to and did not end with Bryce finally agreeing to wear khaki shorts and me saying that if anyone else was there in workout clothes, Bryce could tell me "I told you so." Can you guess how many people were at the graduation party in workout clothes? Zero.

This weekend, I did not attempt to cut my son's hair. He got a great first haircut from Grandma Chari right before his birthday. It had grown out quite a bit, but it still looked okay. So, there is no reason that I would have at it with a pair of scissors and completely botch it up. I may or may not have gone back over the cut with some clippers to even it out before church on Sunday morning!

My son has also NOT mastered the stink eye, as seen in the following (fixed) haircut photos...




And finally, while I was eating grapefruit for breakfast this morning, my son, who dislikes and refuses nearly ALL fruits a normal person would find delicious (strawberries, kiwis, oranges, peaches, pineapple...), did not beg for a bite, then actually like it! He did not continue to eat a good portion of my grapefruit. Such a little weirdo...

5 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Too funny! and that sink eye photo is priceless!

Clair said...

Genius. Love the reasoning though for wearing workout gear. And the grapefruit eating, ugh. Even i need convincing.

Kimber said...

You are brave to use scissors, I never tried anything but trimmers because I was too afraid of messing up. Funny NMM's.

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Hey :) I've been enjoying your blog. Found you through not-me monday :) I am also a teacher. Although, I saw you just resigned...go you!

My personal blog is Katieballa.blogspot.com, I don't link it to my profile because I want to keep it semi-private being a teacher and all, you know how that goes.

take care ;)

Amy said...

I have a similar story to Bryce in the workout clothes! The week we got married, Cory & Mere flew into town. We were heading to the airport to pick them up and then have a nice lunch in downtown Phoenix. Tripp comes down the stairs wearing a grubby In 'n' Out burger t-shirt, swim trunks and ratty tennis shoes. I looked at him, horrified and said, "are you wearing that?" to which he replied, "no, this is my 'coming down the stairs' outfit." I told him he needed to change, which he begrudgingly did. Men just sometimes need our help when it comes to fashion appropriateness!