Monday, May 25, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

Here it is again! Check out what did NOT happen this week, no matter what anyone might try to tell you...

We had our arbivitae trimmed this past Thursday, and after spending a long day working on it, the lone guy working did not start cutting our tree that he was planning to cut down on another day with the help of someone else. Being as tired as he probably was, he definitely DID NOT fall off of his ladder and crack seven ribs OR have a collapsed lung. Noticing, several minutes after the fall, that he had stopped working and was sitting in the front seat of his truck, I did not assume that he was just making some phone calls or getting some other work done while he waited for his buddy to arrive to help him with the tree. As I left for my cake class that evening, one and a half hours after the alleged fall, I did not notice that he was still sitting in his truck, doing nothing. Thinking this was strange and feeling a little bad for the guy sitting alone in his truck on a warm evening, I did not decide to call Bryce on my cell and encourage him to invite him inside. I wasn't proud of myself for my "thoughtfulness" as I drove to class. Upon returning home late that evening, Bryce did not inform me of what had indeed happened. Apparently, just as I got off the phone with Bryce, the guy's buddy showed up, came to our door, and informed Bryce that the guy had fallen and would be heading to the hospital. Seven cracked ribs and a collapsed lung later...

(And for all of you who are incredibly worried about when that tree will actually be cut down, don't fear! His crew will be here Wednesday. If you're wondering, I was NOT the least bit concerned.)

Thursday was our last MOMs group meeting of the season. Testimonies were shared that day and I was not moved by some of them. I was not moved to the point that I actually typed out a long blog post about it. And...I am not still debating whether I publish that post or not.

On Saturday night, while Trevin was NOT overtired at all after a day of only one short nap, Bryce and I tried to put Trevin to bed. After half an hour of him STILL crying, we definitely did not go back into his room to find him doing this:

And being the fabulous and responsible mom that I am, I definitely was NOT the one who videotaped that (sorry it's so dark). And even if I was, I would not keep the camera on him while he's pooping, then blog about it for the world to see.

And speaking of the world seeing my son in all his glory, I am not considering making my blog private. We'll see...

So, tell me, what has NOT happened in your world this week?

1 comment:

Christa said...

I love reading these! I think you should post the blog you wrote after your Mom's group...and if you make the blog private I want access :)